Bay Area Technology School is run by a 501(c)(3) non-profit public charter school management organization dedicated to establishing and managing high-quality public charter schools in Northern California. Our educational approach is based on the conviction that science, technology, engineering, and math (STEM) education is essential in improving our modern society’s knowledge base and adaptability to the fast pace of ever-changing technological advancements.
BayTech is a charter school for grades 6–12 with a curriculum that emphasizes STEM. Located on King Estates, it operates as a site-based school and is primarily designed to meet the needs of the students in the Oakland Unified School District (OUSD). BayTech opened its doors in August of 2004 with 78 students in Oakland. The School has changed two locations over the years and is now located at a district facility acquired through Prop 39. The School currently serves 330 students. In its twelve years of operation, BayTech has achieved an increasing trend of academic success and demonstrated organizational and financial stability.
WE BELIEVE THAT All children are gifted
The goal is to create a school environment that focuses on the following premise: all children can learn, and all are gifted.
WE BELIEVE THAT All children can learn
Teaching the State Standards through the use of 21st Century strategies allows students to learn, comprehend, and retain information due to receiving instruction in a variety of methodologies. We optimize the learning styles and modalities of all the students in our classes. Empowering children to think, create, and explore ensures that they will successfully meet the state adopted standards.
BayTech boasts of increasing achievement and progressive 21st Century thinking. Parents and staff participate in all decisions regarding program development, textbook adoption and budget decisions through a variety of processes including Administrative Team Talks, parent meetings, parent education workshops, surveys, and written text/information home (both digital and print). Bay Tech believes that every child can succeed and lives its motto of "all children are unique and talented individuals" as it keeps its vision, mission and values at the forefront of all decisions.
Vision: We strive to shape our future by:
- Preparing students for academic success.
- Enabling students to have a broad spectrum of options for their future endeavors.
- Preparing students to be responsible and productive citizens.
Our mission is to enhance educational opportunities for children and families in Northern California, and to improve the quality of teaching and learning at the middle and secondary levels.
Core Value : We believe that all students are unique and gifted individuals. All of our actions are guided by the following belief's.
- COMMITMENT: We value commitment in three different forms: commitment by the staff to enhance educational opportunities for all the students; commitment by the students to learn; and commitment by parents to be an integral part of their children’s education.
- COMMUNICATION: Our society continues to become more and more diverse and multicultural. WE values the dialog between people from different cultures and backgrounds.
- TEAM SPIRIT: We value the collaboration between staff, students, and parents with a single goal in mind: to secure a positive future for our children.
- EXCELLENCE: We believe every child has the potential to excel in life. Our duty is to provide the opportunities for them to fulfill their dreams. WE’s staff is expected to excel in their jobs by utilizing continuing professional development opportunities.
We are committed to working collaboratively to develop life-long learners in a safe and caring educational environment where students are challenged, scholarship is expected, and differences are valued.
The The Bay Area Technology Board is comprised of 7 appointed members representing the families and the local community. They have regular Board meetings scheduled on the 1st Monday of each month. For the current agenda, click on the link below.
The Board welcomes and encourages staff and community involvement in all areas of Board business. All meeting agendas are posted. In addition, other committees are created to serve a specific purpose and meet as necessary.
For more information on Bay Area Technology School, contact (510) 382-9932 or visit us at 8251 Fontaine St. Oakland, CA 94605.